We will have practices every Tuesday and Wednesday (not mandatory....but strongly encouraged) whereas we will have multiple college coaches and players working with players to improve their skills.
In todays summer market...it is competitive. Many people are trying to influence you and your decision on what is the best road to help your son get to the next level. We understand.
1) Look deep into the Organization. Don't be sold by a sexy name, or locations you play. What really matters is who is going to be advocating for your son. Who do they know? Are they passionate about helping and do they really care about your son......or their Organization?
2) More than 90% of players sign within 250 miles of where they reside. With this FACT...you should spend 90% of your time playing in this area. In fact, if you are a pro prospect...scouts have regions or territories they cover. When you leave their territory....you actually make it more difficult, not easier.
3) Why spend THOUSANDS of dollars, do the math. Sure, people like coaches need to be compensated for their time, but when a team has 15 - 20 players (which at the High School level is the norm) many teams are simply digging in your wallet. This also shows you what type people or Organizations you are dealing with. Take a minute as a parent, and do the math.
4) Make sure the Organization is one that also EDUCATES and TRAINS the athlete, not just a show and go group. If they are constantly flying guys in, or rotating players....they are more concerned with their name (Organization name) than the players.
5) See who the Organization takes credit for helping? Many of them take credit for Babe Ruth and Mickey Mantle. Its almost funny how if they saw a player....they helped him.
6) If the Organization won't take time educating you the parent on the process, they won't take the time to help your son! See if they travel to High School Games and to watch them, and if they don't....how do they truly know what the player has to offer? I know...scary, as very few Summer Teams spend time going scout and watch their own players to know their strengths and weaknesses.
7) Although baseball is a team sport...the summer is about YOU!
See our History! Click Here
Although the summer seems far away, the Louisiana Legends will be sending out its initial invites the weekend of Oct 25th to perspective players.
The Legends Organziation is one of the most successful Organizations in the region having more than 10 years of assisting players on to the college level. As an Affiliate of the Southeast Showcase Series, teams will have the ability to play at college campuses throughout June and July.
As email addresses change over time (as do phone numbers), if you don't receieve an invitation and wanted to be a part of our program, simply give us a call or shoot us an email.
Looking forward to 2015!!